Shuttlegauge® is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information in accordance with Australian privacy laws. This policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we collect, use, disclose, store and manage your personal information. We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
When you engage us to provide you with any goods or services, communicate with us through email, by telephone, in writing, participate in any of our promotional activities, or use any of our other services, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. Personal information we may collect from you includes, among other things:
- identity particulars – such as your name, address, date of birth, occupation, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research, subscribe to our mailing list;
- your bank, credit or debit account details when you make a purchase;
- your records of communication with us;
- if you visit our website, your website usage information such as your IP address.
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- our general business operations;
- effectively providing you with our goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your enquires or complaints;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you;
- direct marketing (such as providing you with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving our websites.
Your personal information is only collected by lawful and fair means and where practicable, only from you or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf.
As with most websites, when you visit our website or use an application on our website, we may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. In some cases, consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you. If we refuse to give you access we will provide you with reasons for our refusal. Generally, if you request us to do so, we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with you about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, we will take reasonable steps to associate with that record a statement to the effect that you claim this to be the case, if you request us to do so.